I am editing an open for a hunting show and would like to use an effect that I have seen. I shot an arrow (as in bow and arrow) with a digital still camera and would like to simulate an effect where the arrow is in front of the lens flying through the woods. any suggestions on how to tackle this project?
Thanks in advance
1. Draw a mask in AE or photoshop to separate the arrow from its background in the still photo. Render that image as a PSD (for example) with an alpha channel.
2. Shoot footage running in a straight line through the woods towards your target.
3. Import the arrow photo and the footage into AE.
4. Drag the footage onto the new composition button at the bottom of the project window.
5. Drag the arrow shot into that composition you just made.
6. Make sure the arrow layer is over the footage layer.
That’s it. If you like, you can slowly animate the position of the arrow a bit, or apply the wiggle expression to its position to wiggle it a bit. For extra marks, keyframe the brightness (effects>adjust) of the arrow to match the dappled light in the forest.