Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Apple Final Cut Pro X Flip / Flop filter?

  • Peter Steinberg

    June 30, 2011 at 5:18 am

    inspector pane> video tab > transform > scale > [set x or y as needed to -100%]

  • Brendan Gibbons

    June 30, 2011 at 7:24 am

    I’m not in front of the box right now, but from memory there’s a flop filter called “flipped” in the effects “distort” category.

    Which most likely if you open a copy of that effect in motion 5 it will just be the flop filter that motion has, but the parameters published back to fcp.



  • Jonathan White

    June 30, 2011 at 12:13 pm

    Another way I just discovered is to go into transform and just drag a corner more than half way, instant flip/flop 🙂 I do like that despite it’s current shortcomings I keep discovering goodies in this software…

    Seanchas Productions, Galway, Ireland

  • Geoff Dills

    June 30, 2011 at 11:15 pm

    hmmmm….if I type the word “flip” in the search field of the effects palette, I found an effect named “Flipped”. Should fit the bill. 🙂


We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy