Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy Flip 4 Mac as Compressor preset?

• Flip 4 Mac as Compressor preset?

Posted by Tom Matthies on June 1, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I use Flip 4 Mac to export WMV’s right from Final Cut thru Quicktime Conversion. I need to export a LOT of WMV’s for a project and I would like to do it thru Compressor using it’s batch function.
    How can I get the Flip 4 Mac conversion components to show up in Compressor?
    Thnaks,
    Tom

Paul Whishaw replied 13 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Tom Matthies

June 1, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Never mind. I found it.
    Tom

Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.–Ferris Bueller

• Maria-luisa Meredith

February 1, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Hi

Where did you find it and how did it all work? I’m having this problem right now.

M

Macbook Pro / OSX 10.6.4 / 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 / 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

FCP Studio 7.0.2

• Maria-luisa Meredith

February 1, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Hi

Where did you find it and how did it all work? I’m having this problem right now.

M

FCP Studio 7.0.2

• Maria-luisa Meredith

February 1, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Hi

M

FCP Studio 7.0.2

• Tom Matthies

February 1, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Open Compressor. Pick a Quicktime preset and assign it to your project. It doesn’t really matter which preset you use since you will be changing it anyhow.
    Now, open the inspector panel and click on the Encoder tab. Just below the tab is a pulldown menu labeled “Quicktime Movie”. Click on it and there will be a choice for Quicktime Export Components”. Select it. A popup window will appear telling you that you are going to change your encoder settings. Click “OK”. The window will update and there will be a new pulldown menu choice for “Encoder Type”. Open it up and you should find the choice for encoding a WMV file. Click on the Options button and the usual Flip4Mac settings panel will open. Set your settings as desired.
    The some of the other settings within the Comperssor preset window are still active, mostly the filters. Change as desired. Most other options will be grayed out. Save your new preset using the Save As feature. It will appear in the Custom folder.
    That’s it.
    Tom

E=MC2+/-2db

• Maria-luisa Meredith

February 1, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Great, thanks very much Tom.

Maria

FCP Studio 7.0.2

• Paul Whishaw

February 12, 2011 at 5:17 am

I get failed messages when I try this.

“Failed: 3x Error: m_ci is null!

Paul Whishaw
    PDVpro.com
    “If it moves, We’ll Shoot it”

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy