Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy Finale cut 7 share “export” hd on dvd

• Finale cut 7 share “export” hd on dvd

• Joel Arvidsson

March 19, 2010 at 10:16 am

Hi yesterday I upgraded to final cut 7 and did an export using the new share feature. I choose blueray and because i dont have an bluerayburner yet (feel free to recomend one) and avc hd. When i playback this in my avc hd compatible bluerayplayer the colors are off? Its like the brighness went down. The white is not so bright. Is this a common problem or how do you tackle this? Offcorse i want it to look the same as my aja output on the plasma.

[email protected]

• Jaap van Hoewijk

March 19, 2010 at 10:55 am

Hi Joel,
    I have done this many times and never have experienced the off-color symptoms. And in FCP there are no presets you can choose from. so that leaves the chance that your playback settings through the AJA are incorrect. Did you do a test with a piece of footage that is ‘clean’ i.e. not color corrected, no filters. And have you tested your BR player with a commercial pre-recorded BRdisc that you know to be correct?

• Joel Arvidsson

March 19, 2010 at 11:55 am

The footage is clean with no cc/filter in fcp. I played it back in a standalone samsung bluerayplayer that shows commercial pre-recorded BRdiscs correct? So then it must be my aja settings right? hm I fill in my aja settings here later today. Do you use aja for I/O ?

[email protected]

• Jaap van Hoewijk

March 19, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I use a Black Magic Decklink HD extr. I’m not sure it your AJA setting, it could be…

• Joel Arvidsson

March 22, 2010 at 6:59 am

I found the problem. My plasma has different settings for all inputs and I once i set both component (aja) and hdmi (for the blueray) to the same i settings it matched. Thanks for you input it saved me time to no look for so much in fcp to find the error but instead look at the blueray player and then the plasma.

Do you also use dvd studio pro for building menus for hd on dvd? or maby encore. Since fcp burns hd on dvd in “avc hd” does it work in alot or few blueray players?

Cheers
    Joel Arvidsson

[email protected]

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy