Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Final Cut Pro HD v.4.5 open in v. 2?

  • Final Cut Pro HD v.4.5 open in v. 2?

    Posted by Frndlefire on March 8, 2006 at 4:52 am

    Hey all,

    I am in somewhat of a bind and am wondering if you can help me out. I have been editing a project on my home computer running Final Cut Pro HD v. 4.5. The possible problem is that I am going to have to open the project on a computer that is running an older version of Final Cut (2? I think?). My project doesn’t make use of anything other than the simple (cuts, keyframes, etc.), but I don’t know if when I copy the folders over to the other computer if the older version of Final Cut will be able to open and recognize the newer version files (and display cuts and such as I made them on my computer). If anyone could help me out with a quick answer it would be most appreciated.

    Thank you

    David Battistella replied 20 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • David Battistella

    March 8, 2006 at 1:16 pm

    The short answer is no, it will not open in V2.0

    THe longer answer is perhaps you can try to use XML from 4.5, but I am not certain that 2 had xml built in, The other option is to use EDL’s CMX 3600 probably work for you, but you would loose keyframe data.

    An upgrade from a legal copy of 2.0 to 5.0 would cost only 699.99 USD and you can run it on that brand new quad as well.

    David

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy