Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Final Cut Pro 6.0 and Sony HVR-V1U capture issues

  • Final Cut Pro 6.0 and Sony HVR-V1U capture issues

    Posted by Richard Zangrillo on September 19, 2007 at 9:54 pm

    No matter what I do I can not get Final Cut to even read my camera. I shot my video in HD 1080i w/ Progressive Scan off. Can anyone help me?

    Dathan Thigpen replied 18 years ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Edit Sweet

    September 22, 2007 at 9:08 pm

    First rewind to the point on the tape you want to start digitizing.
    Then, set your AV settings to capture using Apple Intermediary Codec.

    Then hold down Apple + 8.

    It will let you name the capture file, but then automatically starts capturing, with no deck or TC control.

    It is the only way I found so far. Kinda Dumb. Best Wishes.

  • Indera

    December 3, 2007 at 9:47 pm
  • Dathan Thigpen

    October 1, 2008 at 1:55 am

    I had the same issue but I recorded the video from my HVR- V1U camera in dv format. Do i still need to capture this in an HD format since the camera is HDV? please help!

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy