OK, I just tried to do a quick test with this and I’m unsure how to apply each path to the solid’s Brush position property (using the write-on effect)? Here’s what I did:
– created an Illustrator file (following the “Preparing and importing Illustrator files” doc from Adobe — ie. created the file using one of the Video and Film presets (same size as my comp), set file to “Create PDF Compatible file”, set file to “Preserve Paths”, saved as .ai file, etc.)
– imported .ai file into AE CS5 as Composition
– created a new comp at my working size (same as .ai file I imported)
– created a new solid within the comp
– applied the Write-On effect to the solid
And that’s where I got stuck — I’m unsure how to access the paths within the imported .ai file and then apply it to the solid’s Write-On Brush property? I had assumed I’d just be able to select the path, copy it, and paste it into the Brush Position property (via the Write-On effect applied to the solid I created), but again, I could be wrong on how to go about this step?
Any further advice would be much appreciated!