- November 16, 2018 at 12:00 pm
Since updating to 10.4.4 I’ve noticed that if I use the customised keyboard shortcut to “send to compressor” it will instantly crash FCPX.
Does anyone else have this issue?
- November 16, 2018 at 5:25 pm
Thanks for confirming. Will report
- November 16, 2018 at 5:59 pm
I sent feedback and purposely crashed it so I could send them the crash report too with info about how I crashed it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
- November 19, 2018 at 9:50 am
So just to confirm. You have assigned a key in keyboard customisation? I set the ‘s’ Key to be “send to compressor”.
Open project and press the assigned button. Instant crash. Tested on 2 machines 100% replicatable.
- November 19, 2018 at 11:14 am
- November 29, 2018 at 4:39 pm
Same problem here.
Any luck finding a solution?
- November 29, 2018 at 7:07 pm
Everyone that reads this thread – please submit feedback to Apple about the bug so it’s made a priority and gets fixed.
As to why you would send stuff to Compressor – there are a lot of reasons.
1. FCPX doesn’t have true background exporting. As soon as you start working again it pauses the export. But if you send it to Compressor it can run in the background and you can keep working.
2. In Compressor you can apply multiple compressions to one file very quickly, without having to build a bundle of exports like you would in FCPX.
3. In Compressor your compression settings can include a custom location and naming convention, so once it’s done it automatically gets put into the right folder and named a specific way. FCPX can’t do that.
4. Compressor can use multiple machines, making it faster in some cases than a direct export from FCPX.
5. Compressor can email you when it’s done. FCPX can’t.
Log in to reply.