Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro › Fcpx 10.3 can’t see results of stabilization without rendering

  • Fcpx 10.3 can’t see results of stabilization without rendering

    Posted by Chris Walker on November 1, 2017 at 10:55 pm

    I had posted before about not being able to stabilize 4k footage on a 1080p timeline. Then I discovered that if looked at a proxy file instead of the original, I could see the results of my stabilization right away without foray rendering, so I’ve been doing that and saving a lot of time.

    But now, I’ve updated to 10.3.4 with high Sierra, and I have to render even proxy footage if i want to see the results of my stabilizing! Is there some new setting I’m not aware of? I really, REALLY do not want to have to wait twice, both for the analysis AND the render, every time I want to see if the stabilization method and/or amount needs to be tweaked.

    Also, if I switch from proxy to original and back again, my proxy renders disappear! Is there a way I can tell fcpx to keep the renders it has made?

    Thanks in advance for any help you can give..

    Chris Walker replied 8 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy