Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › FCP7 won’t import the last 15 seconds of a clip

  • FCP7 won’t import the last 15 seconds of a clip

    Posted by Kristine Kirchmeier on August 11, 2013 at 7:13 am

    So I have been using FCP7 pretty regularly for the last 3 years and I encountered an issue today that i’ve never dealt with before and all my googling and forum searching still has me stumped!

    I am working with one .mov file in final cut that will not fully import. When I play it from finder, it’s all there, but as soon as I bring it into my browser and play it from the canvas or timeline, the last 15 seconds are non-existent. Even stranger- when I brought in the non-converted clip (the clip before I ran it through MPEG streamclip and converted it to Apple ProRes), it was all there. Too bad I can’t edit with that one…

    Have any of you brilliant folks experienced this before? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? Any guidance would be MUCH appreciated because I am on a time crunch with a client. Thank you 🙂

    Kristine Kirchmeier replied 13 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Steve Eisen

    August 11, 2013 at 10:21 pm

    Try using Compressor to convert to ProRes.

    Steve Eisen
    Eisen Video Productions
    Vice President
    Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

  • Kristine Kirchmeier

    August 12, 2013 at 5:49 pm

    Holy crap! This worked! Why did this work? What difference did it make in the brain of FCP to use footage that was converted in compressor v. MPEG? I am very grateful you suggested this. Thank you!

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy