Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy FCP7 16/9 icons on the browser

• FCP7 16/9 icons on the browser

• ivan zuccon

July 30, 2009 at 7:03 am

Hello to all,

I’ve seen in FCP7 that the icons in the browser can be now in 16/9. Nice, but now these icons are much smaller than before!! Is so difficult for Apple to give us the ability to have BIGGER icons on the browser? When you have tons of clips searching material is really an hell. The “view as large icons” option make me laugh. When this old interface will be updated?

Best,
    Ivan

• walter biscardi

July 30, 2009 at 12:10 pm

I tend to use the List View with Thumbnails and the thumbnails are fine for my needs. We tend to search for shots via Tape / Timecode anyway so the icon itself doesn’t really matter.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
    Credits include multiple Emmy, Telly, Aurora and Peabody Awards.
    Owner, Biscardi Creative Media featuring HD Post

Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
    Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Read my Blog!

Twitter!

• Bret Williams

July 30, 2009 at 2:59 pm

And one of my favorite tricks- click and hold on the thumbnail in this mode and drag right and left to scrub it within the thumbnail. Hold control and when you stop that will be your new thumbnail image.

Ah the things one discovers casually breezing through a paper manual instead of searching a PDF.

• ivan zuccon

July 31, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Hey Walter,

thanks for your message! Unfortunately if this type of work is ok for you, the same it isn’t for me. For my workflow the icons on the browser are very important! The bigger they are the better is for me. I hope to see some day this improvement with the FCP interface.

Best,
    Ivan

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy