-
FCP 7 ‘Log and Transfer’ Quick Question
Hello,
A quick question I hope someone can help me with…
I have rushes from a shoot saved onto my hard drive from my memory cards
I then use log and transfer to get the rushes into FCP
Can I now delete the rushes from my hard drive as FCP will work from the capture scratch? (to help free up space) or do I need to keep the files for reference?
To me it looks like FCP has made copies when logging and transferring and doesn’t work from the files at all, just from the ‘new’ files in the capture scratch, but I am not 100% and do not dare to delete the files, yet!
If you need info regarding my machine I am happy to supply but I haven’t stated any as I don’t think you will.
Thanks you for your help in advance