-
FCP 7 aspect ratio VS size
Hello,
I have been using FCP 7 for a couple years but mostly for play. I occasionally make videos for web and youtube but have been approached to make a short 15 second add for potential use on television. Pretty exciting for me but its making me realize how much more I should probably understand about video….First off some info on the companies file submission specs:
NTSC
Type: MPEG2 Program Stream
Bit Rate: CBR 8 Mbps
Size: 720×480
Aspect Ratio 4:3
Frame Rate 29.97
Chromo Level 4:2:0My question is in regards to the Aspect Ratio Vs the Size. The files I’m working with are JPG images that fill the majority of the space (11×8.5in 300dpi). This fits pretty good if I set the screen up as 720×480 but is pretty terrible for 4:3 as it chops off the left and right sides of the images to reach the full height. Are the specs above in conflict with each other? or should I build it as one with the idea that it’s going to need to work on the other?
Hope this isn’t to vague. Again this is all kind of new to me. I apologize if this has been covered somewhere before.
thanks in advance!