Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

• Expression

• Saso Goricar

February 26, 2020 at 7:57 pm

Hello,

I’ve created an animation of the stroke width from 0 to 10px with keyframes. Is there a way to create an expression, that I can change the width of the second keyframe with a controller?

Thanks, Saso

• Marticus Kilverticus

February 28, 2020 at 3:19 pm

So long as youre only going between 2 keyframes, make a new slider somwhere with your width on it, then apply this to the strokes width:

width = (pickwhip to a new number slider);
    linear(0,10,0,width)

That just replaces 10 with your new sliders value.

• Alex Printz

February 28, 2020 at 3:22 pm

I’ve posted code below; just make sure your 2nd key’s value is different than the first key’s value (0px vs 10px).

linear(value, key(1).value, key(2).value, key(1).value, effect("Slider Value")(1))

Alex Printz
    Mograph Designer

• Saso Goricar

February 28, 2020 at 6:32 pm

Yes, you are both right, I used this linear expression
    var y = comp("MOGRT").layer("MOGRT Controls").effect("Slider Control")("Slider")
    linear(y,0,20,0,20);

I allowed max 20px of width.

Thanks both for the idea for using this expression, I didn’t know that I could use it this way.

• Saso Goricar

February 28, 2020 at 6:36 pm

No, It’s not working. The expression disable keyframes. I can control the width, but the width doesn’t animate from 0 to 20

• Alex Printz

February 28, 2020 at 8:49 pm

Use my expression above. The expression posted by the other user isn’t pulling anything from keyframes.

Alex Printz
    Mograph Designer

• Saso Goricar

February 28, 2020 at 9:15 pm

Now I got it, it works perfectly. Thanks for the help with my problem, it works. Thanks again.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy