Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro › Exporting 480i project?

  • Exporting 480i project?

    Posted by Scott Fields on October 26, 2018 at 4:25 pm

    I digitized a bunch of old family tapes from the ’80s & ’90s– mostly VHS, some Betamax, some mini DV. I edited them in FCPX but I’m not sure what is the best option for how to export.

    Should I convert the project timeline to 29.97p (by simply modifying the project settings) and THEN export?

    Should I keep it 29.97i?

    I’m going to .mp4 for use on my family’s Plex server.

    What do you think?

    Jeremy Garchow replied 7 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jeremy Garchow

    October 26, 2018 at 6:31 pm

    Keep it real and stay 480i!

    ☺

    When you make an mp4, it will get deinterlaced anyway.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy