Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › exporting 16:9 uncompressed 8 bit

  • exporting 16:9 uncompressed 8 bit

    Posted by Nadav Cohen on January 10, 2009 at 5:46 pm

    hi,

    I’ve been unsuccesfully trying to export a 16:9 uncompressed 8- bit file.

    I’ve checked the manual, and it says to use Quicktime conversion and change the aspect ratio. The problem is, I cannot change and setting when exporting uncompressed 8-bit. Only when I change the compression for something like DV-PAL I can change the settings. But I need better quality than a simple DVexport.

    Is there any way to change the aspect ratio of an uncompressed 8 bit export?

    The sequence is set to 16:9, and so are all the vids…

    Thanks

    Nadav Cohen replied 17 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • David Roth weiss

    January 10, 2009 at 7:23 pm

    First, exporting a DV timeline as 8-bit uncompressed will not improve your video quality. It will however keep your text and graphics from suffering DV compression. Your video will never get any better by uprezing, it will just get bigger or the file size will get bigger, period.

    So, now that we have that part out of the way, is the problem you’re having that you can’t seem to export “full raster” 16×9 files, and that your exports are squeezed anamorphic?

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor
    David Weiss Productions, Inc.
    Los Angeles

    POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

    A forum host of Creative COW’s Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

  • Nadav Cohen

    January 10, 2009 at 8:56 pm

    Hi thx for responding.

    All of my vids were captured 8 bit, and the timeline is 8 bit. Problem is, I can’t find a way to export 16:9 8bit… When I export the vid is simply 4:3, distorted….

  • David Roth weiss

    January 10, 2009 at 10:02 pm

    If your material was captured 16×9 as 8-bit uncompressed and edited on timeline with matching settings, all you need to do to make a 16×9 8-bit export is the following: Export>>Quicktime Movie using current settings, self contained.

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor
    David Weiss Productions, Inc.
    Los Angeles

    POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

    A forum host of Creative COW’s Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

  • John Pale

    January 11, 2009 at 2:57 am

    Quicktime player will show your video as squeezed if its 16 x 9. That means you did it right!

  • Nadav Cohen

    January 11, 2009 at 3:06 pm

    ok, thx alot for the help guys

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy