Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums DaVinci Resolve Export problems

• Export problems

• Alex Gat

January 13, 2021 at 9:49 pm

Hello,

On a 4 hour long clip (1280×720-25fps-32KHz mono) I have done some color grading + some cropping and resizing with a still as background, I have done the export scaling up to 1920×1080 keeping the same codec with no audio.

Once done, I imported the export back into the project and the clip is shorter.

I tried to figure out what I could have done wrong. I remember that I add a problem at the beginning of the session with a 24fps timeline while I already had started the edit, I remove all media then pass the timeline to 25fps then Ctrl-Z to reinsert my media, might this be the cause of the problem ?

To check I open a second project, set the timeline right at the beginning then imported the original clip, the duration on both timeline are identical but I have something weird thing happening on the first project: my playhead being at the end of the clip I have a timestamp of 04:51:20:06 but using the arrow key to move one frame down, the timestamp jumps down at 05:03:38:13.

Is that related to my manipulation with fps at the beginning of the session do you recon ?

I know changing the framerate after having started the edit may bring some issue. I found that trick to remove all media, change the timeframe, then Ctrl+Z to reinsert them, worked, but I doubt now. I guess I’ll redo the whole project new but as it took 4h to export, I’d like not to do the same mistake.

Thanks for your input.

DR15 (BTW)

• Michael Gissing

January 14, 2021 at 2:36 am

Older versions did not handle mixed frame rates in the same project. Also big red flag having audio set to 32khz not 48khz. I don’t know how this is possible but the sample rate might be an issue to duration as well. Seems like you have a few variables that make it hard to guess the nature of the problem

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy