Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro eGPU for Premiere? (13″ MacBook Pro)

• eGPU for Premiere? (13″ MacBook Pro)

updated 1 week, 6 days ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • Alejandro Rendon

September 11, 2020 at 12:04 am

Just got a new 2020 13″ MBP (2,3Ghz i7, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports, 32GB ram). I’m quite happy with export times (could be faster of course), but the playback could definitely be smoother, since I’m mostly working with HD Prores LT. It seems that there’s just too much frame dropping even when playing a single ProRes LT 1080p file in the source monitor, high quality playback turned off. A file that’s located in the Macbook’s internal drive. The frame dropping isn’t extremely visible but it’s here and there.

I have two 27″ displays connected (USB-C to HDMI), and one of those is set as a playback monitor. I assume this dual display setup is the thing that’s too heavy for the internal graphics of the MBP? And I would possibly like to use also a third smaller monitor in the future.

So the question is, would an eGPU help with the performance and what would be the best card/enclosure setup for Premiere and the MacBook?

Viewing 1 of 1 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy