- April 14, 2005 at 5:40 pm
Here’s what i’m trying to do…
have a photo on the screen then as it is going to disappear [opacity] it begins to slowly flap like a flag would in the breeze. How on earthh do i do it..?
along the same line… what about water rippling or drops hitting the photo surface instead?
thank you in advance. you ‘helper-dudes’ really are a great source… keep it up oh Gods of the [creative] cow pasture!
- April 14, 2005 at 7:52 pm
1. Wave warp plugin. It’ll look very linear and I think it’s cheesy, but it’ll do exactly what you’re looking for.
2. Combination of Fractal Noise and Displacement Map. It’s more difficult, but you’ll end up with a better looking distortion. Create a displacement map by applying Fractal noise to a solid and adjusting the settings to your liking. Keep in mind that all white areas will displace 100% in one direction and all black areas will displace 100% in the opposite direction, a middle gray area will not displace at all. Don’t forget to animate your evolution so it looks more like random wind. Animate Offset Turbulence in the direction you want the wind to blow.
Precomp that solid, making sure to move all attributes to the new comp
Apply Displacement Map to your image you want to displace and select your precomp as the Displacemet Map Layer. Use Luminance for both Horizonatl and Vertical Displacement. Adjust the settings to your liking.
I hope it works
- April 14, 2005 at 11:03 pm
Interestly enough I did this today. The best solution was (if you happen to own C4D) was to map the image onto a plane in C4D and add the wind deformer with the “Flag” setting on. This way it not only deforms very realistically, but you have all the material channels to play with to make it look as real as you like.
Log in to reply.