Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums DaVinci Resolve Editing w/Davinci & FX-6 footage HD

• Editing w/Davinci & FX-6 footage HD

David Kaltenbach updated 1 month ago 2 Members · 6 Posts
  • David Kaltenbach

October 27, 2021 at 8:37 pm

I am ready to start editing 4 months of raw footage that I shot on the Sony FX-6 (Advanced XAVC Codec). I am still not happy with DaVinci Resolve 17.4 It is not handling my HD footage properly. Need HELP. It still is stuttering, I lose audio, it pauses… never had this issue with FC7 after 20 years. I edit on an iMAC 5k, 27″ 2017, processor 4.2 GHZ Intel core 17, memory 40GB 2400MHz DDR4, version 10.14.6., Graphics Radeon Pro 58 8Gb

Question: if I jack up the memory to 64G, will it change? Or is this whole thing confused inside Resolve where I may need to change settings. HELP me mucho raw HD footage from the FX-6 that I need to blow thru with Black Magic’s Speed Editor. Thank you.

I can’t imagine cutting 4k with this unresolved issue.

• Pete Anderson

October 27, 2021 at 9:00 pm

Have you tried lowering the time line resolution David?

• Pete Anderson

October 27, 2021 at 9:46 pm

Just read that free version doesn’t support 10bit xavc on Macs, not sure if that’s still a thing though.

• David Kaltenbach

October 27, 2021 at 10:07 pm

Thank you Pete. I have the purchased Davinci. But I will check that out thru Black Magic about the 10 bit. In regards to your prior message. I cannot find the where I have control over the timeline res. Appreciate your help.

• Pete Anderson

October 27, 2021 at 10:53 pm

If you open settings, little cog in bottom right corner the time line resolution setting should be there at the top of page, try using a lower resolution and see if that helps to start off with. Doesn’t affect your final render.

• David Kaltenbach

October 29, 2021 at 9:41 am

Thank you Pete I’ll try that on this lovely day of rain and great editing

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy