Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Editing footage from 3 cameras 

• Editing footage from 3 cameras 

Keith Vickers updated 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • Keith Vickers

May 19, 2022 at 2:52 pm

I shot some scenes with 3 cameras. Only one of the cameras has the audio which I want to use. I know I can use Plural Eyes to link all of the footage to the correct audio.

How can I edit all of the footage at the same time?

I know we can set up Premiere so I can look at all of the footage at the same time. I’m just wondering about the best workflow to use in order to do this.

Can any sage members here help me out with this?

• Bill Celnick

May 19, 2022 at 3:24 pm

I do this all the time…let’s say it’s a presentation where I have a main camera and two remotes – in an auditorium. My method may be more tedious then others, but it works for me.

I create my sequence in Premiere with the source footage I intend to use as my main shot on track #3, next most on track 2, and least on track one. Then I send to Plural Eyes…and it gives me back the synced sequence. Then I set my in and out points, and with my footage laid out on different tracks, I’ll do general adjustments individually on each clip / track – for example, color correct, brightness etc, then I’ll start playing the timeline and make my cuts accordingly.
    If after I make cuts, I want to tweak anything further, its done piece by piece.

I use the audio clip mixer to mute the audio I won’t be using, although I keep it on hand just in case I want some ambient sounds from it, like applause.

• Keith Vickers

May 23, 2022 at 11:21 pm

Thank you very much for the reply and sorry for my tardiness in replying.

I have used plural eyes and bought the synced footage into Premiere. I’m looking into ways of using the multicam option in Premiere to edit with. I have a setup with 3 window multicam and make cuts by switching between the cameras. Live live tv. Im still working out how to assemble the edit into a separate comp.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy