Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects DVX 24 P Anamorphic to Letterbox help

• DVX 24 P Anamorphic to Letterbox help

• Ashley James

April 1, 2005 at 11:42 pm

Help! Can someone give me a formula for letterboxing 16×9 footage to a 4×3 comp in After Effects, complete with interpolation, frame rate, etc. I am editing in Media 100i 7.5/After Effects 5.5 and I need to output a program shot with DVX 24P (NOT in the “Advanced mode) both squeeze and anamorphic so that a client can look at it on a regular tv. Much appreciated

• Lisa Kruczek

April 11, 2005 at 10:50 pm

I just completed the 48hr Film Project in Philadelphia and had the same problem with our footage shot on a Canon XL2 at 24P. Editing in Final Cut the cut looks great. But when I went to do a 4:3 letterbox version it turned out with horrible artifacting, crunchiness in the detail, and pronounced stair stepping. I think it is from incorrect deinterlacing and then scaling 480 vertical lines down to the center 360 lines.

I tried copy/pasting the Final Cut sequence into a non-anamorphic 4:3 sequence and I also tried it several times in After Effects. I tried the “Guess Pulldown” and the “Guess Advanced 24P” buttons under “Interpret Footage.” I also tried conform to 24 fps.

After a weekend of litte sleep, I’m desperatre for help. I would really like to understand what I’m missing here because I think I have some grasp of the theory behind it.

Thanks,

Luke Krill

luke@haleypro.com
    Senior Producer
    Haley Productions
    http://www.haleypro.com

• hans van vliet

April 12, 2005 at 4:24 am

How has the footage been digitized? Did it come in as native, 24fps? or did it convert it over in the digitize to you NTSC or PAL setup? …

..::hunz..

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy