Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums DVD Authoring DVD compression

• DVD compression

• david reichelt

May 18, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I have a dvd I am attempting to compress with Toast Titanium 9 but it crashes each time. My workflow is FCP, Compressor to create dvd files, DVD Studio Pro, then burn the ts folder via Toast. My file is large due to the hd content, so Toast has to compress about 6 gigs so it will fit on the dvd. Every time I attempt to start the burn Toast crashes. I was hoping there was a way around this besides making a two dvd set of the movie I have.

• Filip Kubiš

May 18, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Read this thread, it is virtually the same problem as yours. And you have 4 peaple telling the same thing:

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/155/880663

The thing is: DO NOT DO THAT, RE-COMPRESS AND REAUTHOR. Maby go click on the link in my signature (bitrate calculator) and calculate maximum of what you can get on one DVD and use those settings to compress your video file (than author with that).

Or do a dual layer DVD, using a bit higher bitrate to maintain a bit more quality.

Bottom line: Using Titanium or any other not-authoring-software to do authoring will have BAD results…

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    DVD bitrate calculator: HERE
    Dual-Layer Break tutorial: HERE
    Anit-aliasing PS plugin: HERE

• david reichelt

May 18, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Hey thank you very much you saved me from a lot of trouble!

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy