Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro DVD Architect Pro 5.0

• DVD Architect Pro 5.0

Ben Wheaton updated 9 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 8 Posts
  • Mark Nacovitch

August 8, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I keep getting an error message stating, “the estimated total size of all menus is greater than the maximum of 1GB”, when I go to make DVD. My video is 1.33 GB, which is not large at all. I am quite new to this software, and need some help.I haven’t added any menus at all. Thank you,

Mark

• Mike Kujbida

August 8, 2010 at 9:47 pm

How are you adding the video?
    DVDA may think it’s a menu item which is why you’re getting the error message.

• Mark Nacovitch

August 8, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Mike,

I open DVD architect,and I drag both audio and video files to the timeline. I then go to MAKE DVD on the top- click burn, and NEXT and receive that error message.

Mark

• Mike Kujbida

August 8, 2010 at 10:01 pm

…I drag both audio and video files to the timeline.

DVDA is treating that step as a menu so that’s why you’re getting the error message.
    If you want it to be a single play DVD (no menu), then you need to go File – New – Single Movie and browse to the folder with the files.
    If you want a menu, then double-click the video file.
    If the audio file has the same name (and it should), it will be added automatically.
    If it doesn’t, then add it as well.

• Mark Nacovitch

August 8, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Thank you very much. I appreciate your feedback.

Mark

• Karl Walker

May 3, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Aw! Thanks Mike…..I have been trying to figure out that error message and finally found this post…thanks a ton!

• Mike Kujbida

May 3, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Glad to help Karl.
    It happened to me once and I got just as frustrated trying to figure it what was going on.

• Ben Wheaton

October 24, 2011 at 1:24 am

I follow your advice here to go to FILE but i do not get the NEW option and am only asked via a dialogue box, do i want to save the project? What do i do now? I must admit, that as a 60 something year old I am finding this program quite difficult to understand, especially the jargon. Although I am managing to create dvd’s with music etc it is not without great angst. Pls bear with me.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy