Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy DVCPro HD 59.94, anyone getting real time fx?

• DVCPro HD 59.94, anyone getting real time fx?

• Jeremy Garchow

May 20, 2005 at 9:04 pm

Hello. I have a dual 2.0 G5, a huge 4105 4Gb fibre (1.25TB), that is clocking over 200 MB/sec. Does anyone get ANY real time fx on DVCPro HD 60p footage? I get absolutely zero.

• gary adcock

May 20, 2005 at 11:23 pm

[JeremyG] “Hello. I have a dual 2.0 G5, a huge 4105 4Gb fibre (1.25TB), that is clocking over 200 MB/sec. Does anyone get ANY real time fx on DVCPro HD 60p footage? I get absolutely zero.”

Jeremy

you need to check your settings make sure that your time line render settings are not set to safe.

you will need more than 2G of Ram, properly set scratch disks (to the fibre)

I am At the Varicamp in Chicago today showing 5 steams of 720p60 on a 2.5 | 4 G RAM | 2g fibre.

I can do 9 streams of 720p24 in FCP5 / QT7 / 10.4.1 on the same system.

gary adcock

Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation

• Jeremy Garchow

May 21, 2005 at 12:09 am

Hey Gary, thanks for the response. I tried setting my rt to unlimited before, but then I get all sorts of dropped frames. I have 4GB of RAM installed, and I did double check to make sure the capture scratch is of course going to the fibre. I’ve trashed prefs, reset the settings, repaired permissions, everything. I don’t have a problem with 24p stuff, but my system seems to reject 60p.

I was going to go to the Varicamp, but lucky for me I’m a workin’ guy. 🙂

———–
    G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 4.5 <> Kona 2

ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 1.25 TB 4105 Fibre

• gary adcock

May 22, 2005 at 2:11 am

[JeremyG] ” was going to go to the Varicamp, but lucky for me I’m a workin’ guy. :)”

I am too,
    I cover the FCP / Post as instructor at HD Expo and the Varicamps, too bad you missed it.

gary adcock

Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy