-
DVC-80 White Balance shifting (?)
Hey guys,
I just recently started doing video work, and purchased a DVC-80 (couldn’t afford to extra $600-$800 to get the DVX). This is the first non-consumer camera I’ve ever used, so I’m on a bit of a steep learning curve here, but I’ve been learning very quickly.Anyways, to the point… Recently, I was shooting an interview-style video for my church, and after digitizing it (which I don’t do via the DVC-80, fyi), I noticed that the white balance seemed to have shifted considerably during the video. It would look great one second, and then over the next 2 seconds it turned very cool (not all the way blue, but it was still a very noticeable change.) Now, my first thought was the the Auto Tracking White or whatever it’s called was on, so I checked on that, but it wasn’t turned on for any of the channels. I haven’t noticed this on any of the other footage I’ve recorded, so I wondered if maybe there was a setting I might have changed unwittingly.
Any ideas about what this is? I’m really praying that it’s just something small, and I’m just too n00b-like to figure out, and not a problem with the camera. If anyone could let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks guys!
>–Bryon–<
Sorry, there were no replies found.