Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › DV Audio

  • DV Audio

    Posted by Jonathan Capra on December 20, 2005 at 5:58 am

    I used Microsoft Movie Maker to capture some DV AVIs Sfrom my Sony DV camera on another computer.

    Now I am used to the DV standard having 48kz Uncompressed audio. But when I browsed these clips in Vegas, it identified the audio encoding as being ‘DV Audio’. When I imported these clips, Vegas wanted to build a proxy audio file.

    Anyone know the deal here?

    Terje A. bergesen replied 20 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Peter Wright

    December 20, 2005 at 9:44 am

    The file may simply have been the .sfk file, which vegas needs to display the waveform.

  • Terje A. bergesen

    December 21, 2005 at 3:27 am

    All is as it should be. The proxy is just to be able to display the audio on the timeline.

    —
    Terje A. Bergesen

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy