I’ve graded an entire episode of a show i’m working on in an ACES cct Version 1.3 project in HDR. It’s shot on a Sony Venice. (DaVinci Resolve version 17.4.6)
I’m having major issue with my SDR trims even though I’ve followed all the recommended steps.
– Kept everything in one layer
– Made sure my 2.0 blanking was switched on before analysis.
1) The automatic trim analysis is never anywhere close to the HDR grade. Looks nothing like it. It’s always super crushed and totally off.
2) There’s a major hue shift overall to a more Magenta bias. everywhere.
3) Even after trying to get close to the HDR grade with the help of Primary and Secondary trim controls, I’m unable to get rid of the magenta bias. It messes with the skintone and other colours if i shift the hue too much in the Secondary trims.