Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Adobe Encore DVD Does Photoshop Elements 3.0 work with Encore?

• Does Photoshop Elements 3.0 work with Encore?

Posted by Martin Tiller on April 4, 2005 at 3:28 pm

I’m learning Encore at the moment and was wondering if Photoshop element 3.0 would work with making buttons in Encore, or would I need to get CS to be able to integrate with it?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Martin Tiller

http://www.mctimages.com

Roadkill replied 19 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Tim Kurkoski

April 4, 2005 at 6:07 pm

You really need the full version of Photoshop. Photoshop Elements doesn’t allow you to open layer sets, which is how Encore organizes menu elements like buttons. Elements does show the contents of a layer set, and you can edit them to a limited degree, but you can’t use the Layers palette to dissect the contents of the layer set.

If you’re content editing your buttons in Encore, then you may be able to get away with using Elements for other work, like editing the backgrounds. If you’re serious about editing your menus, though, get Photoshop CS (or CS2, when it comes out).

• Martin Tiller

April 4, 2005 at 9:00 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I figured was going to need to get CS, but I just wanted to double check.

Any idea of when CS2 is hitting the streets?

http://www.mctimages.com

• Roadkill

April 4, 2005 at 9:07 pm

[mctiller] “Any idea of when CS2 is hitting the streets?”

Adobe Accelerates Print, Web and Mobile Publishing Workflows With Introduction of Adobe Creative Suite 2:
    Adobe Creative Suite […] will begin shipping in May to customers in the United States and Canada […] International versions are expected to begin shipping in late May and early June.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy