Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › Does KiPro handle 1080p?

  • Does KiPro handle 1080p?

    Posted by Scott Sweeney on January 29, 2010 at 4:08 pm

    This sounds like a dumb question, but in the manual, all I see is that it can handle “1080psf 29.97”, which I believe is an interlaced format. I am looking at building a studio to the 1080p 3g standard and I want to make sure this is a full 1080p deck, not a deck that re-encodes the footage to 1080i.
    Can you please clarify?

    And if its mainly 720p/1080i, then will future upgrades allow it? I noticed that the output format says just 1080, which is a little vague to me.

    Thanks in advance! I hope this could be a good solution for our needs
    scott

    Jeremy Garchow replied 16 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jeremy Garchow

    January 29, 2010 at 7:25 pm

    At this point, the KiPro only does 1080psf up to 30 frames a second. It will not do 1080p over 3G SDI.

    Jeremy

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy