Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects Expressions Desperate animating flow..

• Desperate animating flow..

• mirek

May 8, 2005 at 9:28 pm

Hi,
    I am willing to animate a flow inside tubes. The problem is, that the thing I would like to achieve, I have done using fractal noise or add grain, but I need this improvised movement to go along the tubes . I have in my scheme few tubes going straight or being convoluted and do not know how to simulate movement of water inside these tubes. I hope you have understood me properly. Is there some other way to do this than playing forever with particle systems ? I have unfortunately not enough time to play with this. Any other idea, hint, clue? Thanx a lot.

• Jim Tierney

May 8, 2005 at 10:16 pm

Try the Foam plugin with a custom flow map.

This probably won’t give you exactly what you want, but should look pretty good.

cheers,
    Jim

——————
    Jim Tierney
    Digital Anarchy
    http://www.digitalanarchy.com
    415-586-8434

• Filip Vandueren

May 8, 2005 at 11:17 pm

Try animating one particle layer, and then assigns a bunch of “followers” that repeat the same motion a bit later, but more “wigly”.

Here’s an example with expressions and precomposing:

You can download the project file here:
    https://www.vandueren.be/forumstuff/bubbles/bubbles.aep

Hope this helps

• mirek

May 9, 2005 at 8:09 am

I have one more question..were you using some track motion feature or the keyframes were created just by expressions ?
    Thanx so far..It helped me a lot

• Filip Vandueren

May 9, 2005 at 11:48 am

HI Mirek,

the reason there are so many keyframes is because I converted the expressions to keyframes, that’s much faster to render.

If you change the animation of the leader, you should delete all those keyframes and reactivate the expressions of the followers (clik on the = sign next to the stopwatch)

There are some controls in the effects window of the leader that alllow you to set the wigglyness and the delay between each bubble

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy