- September 8, 2012 at 3:51 am
Are there any unbiased comparisons out there that size Resolve, Lustre, Scratch?
(opinions also welcome)
I do short format work: commercial, music video
I am somewhat invested in autodesk systems already
I would like to work remotely: laptop, work, home studio
I am always concerned about software being EOL’d and hate to waste time (Apple Color)
Like everyone, I like cheap.
Signs point to Resolve, but I’d like some input as I know little about these apps, but a lot about VFX and workflow.
thanks in advance and sorry for such a newbie question.
- September 8, 2012 at 9:25 pm
– MC+Baselight+Fusion has no roundtrips, same timeline with VFX, editorial & grade
– PP /AE / SG, back to roundtrips tho, cheaper than the other two, again runs on the same backbone
– wild card would be Lightworks + Resolve, absoultly free if you can live inside the limitations, and the least cost if you get the paid versions
– smack/Resolve is about the same cost as MC/Baselight/Fusion, but roundtrips only, and runs on incompatiable hardware.. both can be worked around, but why be forced into a restrictive workflow when options exist?
And, and if learning software that is threatened by EOL, then AD noted that if the current smack is the market fail that prevoius versions were, it’s gonna be joining Toxik, Combustion & Edit in the ashcan of history
If you are looking at Flame/Luster combo, then you are budgeting into Mystika, Pablo & Baselight/DS combo arena, and at that level of investment should be under consideration as well
- September 9, 2012 at 4:15 pm
This is the best post I’ve found on comparing systems.
Log in to reply.