Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro CUDA rendering with Vegas 12 – black and delayed video

• CUDA rendering with Vegas 12 – black and delayed video

John Rofrano updated 8 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Michael West

December 7, 2012 at 3:34 am

Odd – I’m using a new GTX 560 ti 448 (great card). Rendering with the card worked perfectly with 2-3 Sony filters until about 15% in when a black screen appeared and the audio continued. Then the video returned but it was still images for about a half second.

I got rid of the GPU assistance and all rendered perfectly. I have already removed the KLite Codec pack (before install). I doubt that is a problem because without the GPU assistance, everything works nicely.

When I tried to use TrueBlueFX, I couldn’t even render with the GPU. I received a strange dialog box that the program could not continue for an unknown reason. Getting rid of TrueBlueFX got rid of the problem.

As I’m new to GPU rendering, I’m wondering if others have had this type of issue. I’m using Windows 7, Vegas 12, i7-2600, and the GTX 560 ti 448 that is recognized.

• John Rofrano

December 7, 2012 at 11:51 am

[Michael West] “As I’m new to GPU rendering, I’m wondering if others have had this type of issue. I’m using Windows 7, Vegas 12, i7-2600, and the GTX 560 ti 448 that is recognized.”

GPU acceleration is new for Vegas and unfortunately there are still a few bugs left in it. People are getting mixed results. The GTX 570 seems to be the card that Sony tested with so that’s the one I would get if you can’t afford a Quadro series car like I have. I would definitely contact Sony and let them know about the problems you’re having. Especially if you can give the a repeatable test case that they can reproduce and debug.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy