Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › cross convert 1080i to 720p highest quality software

  • cross convert 1080i to 720p highest quality software

    Posted by Bob Cole on July 23, 2010 at 2:06 pm

    I do not want to buy a Teranex, or replace my LHe, so I am looking for a software process to convert 1080i 59.97 to 720p30.

    What would give me the highest quality software cross-convert? (I did a search in this forum, but couldn’t find a recent answer to this.)

    Thanks!

    Bob C

    Jeremy Garchow replied 16 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jeremy Garchow

    July 23, 2010 at 2:53 pm

    Compressor does a fairly good job, if you have setup correctly.

  • Bob Cole

    July 23, 2010 at 3:04 pm

    [Jeremy Garchow] “if you have setup correctly”

    Thanks. Your qualifier makes me wonder, what should I be looking for in terms of an incorrect setup?

  • Jeremy Garchow

    July 23, 2010 at 3:09 pm

    People find the Compressor interface confusing, I find it extremely powerful.

    The problem is, there’s many tabs and many settings that are spread out and not in one concise, easy package. Also, there are a few options that you can choose, and you should do a test movie or two (of a few seconds) just to see. Plus, there’s the virtual cluster scenario. Are you on an 8core?

    Hit me up offlist and I can help you.

    editstation [at} gmail {dot] com.

    Jeremy

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy