Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Corrupt ProRes 422 HQ Files

  • Corrupt ProRes 422 HQ Files

    Posted by Mark Belcher on January 16, 2012 at 1:02 am

    While I was working on a wedding video, I knocked my external hard drive off the desk. I sent the drive to a data recovery service, and most of the data was recovered (75%). However, the larger files from the wedding ceremony (~10GB, Prores 422 HQ) will not play in quicktime (unreadable/not recognized). Is there a way to recover at least part of these corrupted files? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mark

    Steve Eisen replied 14 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Steve Eisen

    January 16, 2012 at 4:08 am

    I have to ask. Where are your camera originals? Always, always, always, back up all tapeless media cards. After the files are backed up then it is safe to reformat the cards.

    Data rescue II may help.

    Steve Eisen
    Eisen Video Productions
    Vice President
    Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

  • Steve Eisen

    January 16, 2012 at 4:23 pm

    Another solution:
    https://aeroquartet.com/

    Steve Eisen
    Eisen Video Productions
    Vice President
    Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy