Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Compression Techniques Converting H.264 for Premiere Pro

• Converting H.264 for Premiere Pro

• Daniel Grixti

January 26, 2010 at 11:59 pm

Hi there,

I have just shot some footage on my Canon EOS 7D and need to get it into a suitable format to edit with.

I have downloaded MPEG Streamclip and some Avid Codecs and succesfully converted an h.264 .MOV clip to a DNxHD .MOV clip. I don’t get any stuttering or lag when I scrub my timeline with the clip loaded up in premiere Pro.

My next step was to test this new converted footage out by exporting the file. I want to get this footage on a DVD when I’m done with it so thought it would be a good idea to export the one clip now and get it right before editing the whole thing in a codec that might actually not do me any favours when I get to putting my footage on DVD.

I havn’t had any luck yet. I can’t find any decent settings to export the footage with a decent quality. I’m really stuck here and have a deadline to meet so am panicking!

I just need some tips on how to best export this DNxHD .MOV file to get the highest quality video possible that I can put on DVD. Maybe DNxHD is not the best codec to use?

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 on Windows XP. My footage was shot on a Canon 7D at 1920×1080 @ 25p.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• Daniel Low

January 28, 2010 at 11:03 am

If you’re going to DVD Video disc you have to use MPEG-2. It’s never going to look anything like as good as your DNxHD!

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy