Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › Converting a 3d move on a layer to a camera move

  • Converting a 3d move on a layer to a camera move

    Posted by Dream Construction worker on June 5, 2009 at 1:56 am

    So, I ought to know better, but I’ve been animating a 3d card using its layer transform keyframes and now it’s become apparent that I actually want a camera move and not an animated layer.

    Duplicating the layer and turning the animation off while parenting the camera to the original layer obviously gives the inverse of what I want, but my usual trick of using expressions on a null to invert the values and then parenting the camera to that null also fails to replicate the move.

    I have keyframes on all three rotation axes as well as position. I get the feeling it’s the rotation that’s messing me up, but can’t quite get my head around how to fix it.

    Dream Construction worker replied 17 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy