Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Avid Media Composer › Converting 601 to RGB? Best Method on Mac without Avid!

  • Converting 601 to RGB? Best Method on Mac without Avid!

    Posted by Nenad Simsic on October 7, 2008 at 8:06 pm

    I did capture on Avid Adrenaline, and exported to Quick Time, meredian uncompressed 8bit.
    Later, after trying to make MPEG2 in compressor, saw the difference in color levels.
    I can’t go back to Avid application, I can’t re-capture it (it’s on digibeta) and I only need to convert colors into RGB so I can go on further to make DVD.
    What I have as a tools is Final Cut Studio 2/QuickTime Pro

    I’d like to know what is the best application I should use to get this movie file (70 min.) in RGB to work further on mac in non-avid situation and to preserve as much as possible color information.

    thanx,

    Nenad

    Nenad Simsic replied 17 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Michael Phillips

    October 7, 2008 at 8:28 pm

    Does the encoder have a setting for settings? Most profesional encoders will have a setting to encode sources as 0-255 or 16-235.

    Michael

    Michael Phillips

  • Nenad Simsic

    October 7, 2008 at 9:38 pm

    Encoder is Compressor 3. I haven’t seen there settings you are mentioned. Are you familiar with Compressor?

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy