Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Sony Cameras Content Browser 2.0 vs 1.0, change in distribution policy

• Content Browser 2.0 vs 1.0, change in distribution policy

Michael Slowe updated 6 years, 4 months ago 14 Members · 42 Posts
  • Ian Cook

March 11, 2013 at 1:12 pm

correct, no difference in functionality outside the XAVC support

• Ian Cook

March 11, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I haven’t seen any situation where the email with the serial # was not received more or less instantly upon registering. If you haven’t received it yet you probably aren’t going to. I’d email the web team; they can verify your email and re-send the key if necessary.

• Don Greening

March 11, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Thanks for the response, Ian. I ended up trying with 2 different email addys of mine but no joy on either. Can you point me to a page that has your web dept’s email addy? I did try connecting to a link on the page you provided but was taken to a page asks one to fill out a rather lengthy form before a question can be submitted:

https://www.custcenter.com/app/ask

Seems like a bunch of hoops to jump through that aren’t really necessary just to get a free serial #.

– Don

Don Greening
    A Vancouver Video Production Company
    Reeltime Videoworks
    http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

• Robin Probyn

March 12, 2013 at 8:19 am

Ok thanks

• Ian Cook

March 12, 2013 at 1:57 pm

No, I have to ask you to go through the site. They will respond. I just tried again from a new gmail address and I am getting responses and serials. Make sure they’re not ending up in your Spam folder.

• Clint Fleckenstein

March 12, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I got my serial number, but I did have to check my spam catcher. It was nearly immediate.

Thanks for your work on this, Ian.

Cf

• Don Greening

March 12, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Ian, some sort of miracle just happened. I tried again with yet another one of my email addresses, this time with my company one. The returning email from Sony showed up faster than you can say: “Okay, so where’s my serial number this time?”

Thanks again for your response. There’ll be a little extra something in your stocking this xmas and it won’t be a lump of coal.

Cheers,

– Don

Don Greening
    A Vancouver Video Production Company
    Reeltime Videoworks
    http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

• Ian Cook

March 13, 2013 at 1:45 pm

lol, glad it worked out..

• Alex Holden

June 18, 2013 at 11:21 am

Hi Ian,
    I hope you can help me, I work for an Indie and we are using the F55 shooting with the XAVC 100Mbps codec. I used the link posted above to get a serial and installed Content Browser on my MacBookPro.

You mention in point 2. above that
    “This is not a trial version of the application. It’s the full, non-expiring version with XAVC and AVCHD support. The only difference is that we are providing the serial numbers via a free download.”
    however when i click ‘Content Browser’ – ‘About Content Browser’ i get a box which tells me my version 2.0 has a standard pack with the serial i was sent by Sony but my ‘Advanced Pack will expire soon’.

Please could you explain what functionality i will loose when this expires? I am currently only using the software on location to review rushes which i have backed up. Will i still be able to use this software to view XAVC codec rushes?

Thanks very much for your help.

Alex

• Ian Cook

June 18, 2013 at 2:18 pm

the expiring part is the demo version of the XDCAM Advanced Pack feature set which provides advanced XDCAM logging/metadata control. the base application including all of the XAVC features (and 99% of the application’s total functionality) will not ever expire.

Viewing 21 - 30 of 42 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy