Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Sony Cameras Content Browser 2.0 vs 1.0, change in distribution policy

• Content Browser 2.0 vs 1.0, change in distribution policy

Michael Slowe updated 6 years, 3 months ago 14 Members · 42 Posts
  • Ian Cook

March 4, 2013 at 8:03 pm

There is a help file that walks you through the operations. Each BPAV should be in its own folder. When you click on it it will get ID’d as an EX archive and get a little ‘EX’ overlay on the folder icon. Highlight your clips and right click–>Send to FCP.

I’ll post an update re the 3 month grace period shortly..

• Ian Cook

March 4, 2013 at 8:57 pm

There is a help file that walks you through the operations. Each BPAV should be in its own folder. When you click on it it will get ID’d as an EX archive and get a little ‘EX’ overlay on the folder icon. Highlight your clips and right click–>Send to FCP.

The license emailed to you from the SCS site should be a standard non-expiring license. I just double checked and I got no 3 month warning and the license looks normal in the ‘About’ menu.

• Michael Slowe

March 4, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Ian, I’ve only got a Content Browser v1_1 dmg and two ReadMe Texts, E & J. Also the darn app won’t even open anymore so I can’t tell you what I see! Content Exporter also came in, what the heck is that? Might hav to try again.

Michael Slowe

• Ian Cook

March 4, 2013 at 9:42 pm

if you launch 2.0 and go to the help menu there’s a compiled HTML file with updated 2.0 documentation.

you can download a .pdf of the ops manual/help at https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/contentbrowser

if it’s not launching, first try removing/reinstalling.. it should install fine on Lion/Mountain Lion

• Michael Slowe

March 4, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Sorry to be a pain Ian. I’ve managed to open the app by opening various windows. I can see my BPAV folder om my drive in the left hand side of the Explorer window. However, even with Live Logging, Preview and XDCAM Station Remote all open I can’t get any response regarding the BPAV file.

I don’t edit in FCP by the way, I prefer the wonderful Media 100. That needs QT.mov files for import, will I get those when I finally figure this thing out?

Michael Slowe

• Ian Cook

March 4, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Ok, it sounds like you closed the app earlier by closing individual windows.

BPAV needs to be in a separate folder (since all card archives are labeled BPAV). If you put BPAV into a folder called ‘card 1’ and then click on ‘card 1 in the Explorer window, you should see your files, provided the files/directories have not been modified.

• Robin Probyn

March 8, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Hi Ian

How recent does the camera purchase need to be.. for a valid serial number..?

Thanks

Robin

• Ian Cook

March 8, 2013 at 10:14 pm

PMW cameras shipping from March onwards will have a serial # in the box.

Fom March to June you can download a free serial # (with, I believe, at least two activations) at https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/campaign/contentbrowser

• Robin Probyn

March 8, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Thanks Ian

Basic operation is the same as V1 I hear..but aded the F5/55 codec,s ?

• Don Greening

March 9, 2013 at 4:50 am

I applied for one of the free serial numbers but I never received an email containing the number. No email of any kind, actually. That was about 3 days ago.

– Don

Don Greening
    A Vancouver Video Production Company
    Reeltime Videoworks
    http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Viewing 11 - 20 of 42 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy