Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Compression question…

• Compression question…

• Mike Morris

August 17, 2005 at 2:14 pm

I am trying to make a video tutorial for my friend, and I want to capture the screen to simply make a video of how to do it. I am using SnagIt to capture the screen, and that is just fine. The problem I am having is compressing the file size…

In premiere I am trying to compress the file so that the 11 minute tutorial is not a HUGE file size. I’ve tried compressing it in .mov, as well as .wmv, but either way the video becomes such that the text and menus, etc. are not readable in the final, compressed video.

what settings should I use when trying to compress this?

Thanks

Sib Ntsib Dua

Xeeb

• R. Hewitt

August 17, 2005 at 5:29 pm

You are better off using the capture application to do this.

We use Screen Recorder Gold and capture at 15 frames per second. This is perfect for screen demo uses as long as there isn’t too much video in view. The capture software saves direct to AVI files and can be played in Media Player etc.

• mike velte

August 18, 2005 at 12:02 pm

You can export from Premiere, but you will need to create a custom preset and dig into the advanced settings of the Adobe Media Encoder to access Windows Media Video 9 Screen codec. 350 Kbps for 640 x 480 should work fine when viewed in Windows Media Player at 100%.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy