Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro communications failure with DSR 30

• communications failure with DSR 30

Dr. Dropout updated 15 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 5 Posts
  • Wayne Grauel

October 11, 2005 at 2:17 pm

HI, I’m having communications failures with a sony DSR30, my my 380L camera works fine and it picks up a sony video device (with large DV plug)
    the dsr30 has a small dv plug and I’m using a pinnecle DV card.

when i plug the dsr 30 in windows starts searching for tv tuners and heavens knows what, put it never comes up as a sony vcr/camera,

Any clues…

picture looks fine but could there still be a problem with the machine that it’s delivering video to a monitor and some head problem that would make the DVout not acceptable.

i have nad a dirty head issue with this machine after running a roll of miniDV which i try not to use if i can help it.

I’m all ears on this oune!

Wayne

• Gary Kleiner

October 11, 2005 at 3:48 pm

Two things to look at:

1> Your Pinnacle card may be an unreliable way to get your DV in/out. Try a separate OHCI compliant firewire card.

1> There are known issues with the Sony DSR-30 / DHR-1000 and XP Service Pack 2, which messes with the firewire throughput. You may have to use Service Pack 1 instead.

Gary

• Wayne Grauel

October 11, 2005 at 4:56 pm

Thanks for the advice Gary, any clue on how to get my computer back to SP1 – sounds lke a nightmare!!!

• Gary Kleiner

October 11, 2005 at 5:35 pm

I’d advise that you first try another firewire card.

Gary

• Dr. Dropout

October 11, 2005 at 8:42 pm

Please before rolling back your Windows service pack try Vegas 6.0c. We have some fixes in this update specifically for some older Sony decks like the DSR-30.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy