-
cloning 24pa tapes w/tc breaks
So after a long time of problem solving by just reading about them on other threads, I finally found a topic that I can’t find a thread for. Here’s my issue, I have a project that is a few years old, was shot on the DVX-100 in 24pa (don’t ask me why) and never cloned the master’s for financial reasons. Well, the time has come to finally clone these masters.
The issue is that some (many) tapes have timecode breaks. I plan to clone going deck to deck, no router, and generate a new master timecode on the clone (new master source). The problem I foresee is with the cadence not matching to a 0 frame on the clone after a timecode break on the master. Am I right in assuming that this will lead to hours of sitting and test capturing at different frames to not end up with the wrong frames being removed during the pulldown?
Is it better to start a new tape after each TC break so everything stays in cadence?
Should I bite the bullet and take those tapes in and pay an arm and a leg to get them done correctly.
Should I just clone with TC breaks and deal with it? I’d like to learn how to fix it for my personal knowledge.
Please help, I’m not a post person, but I need to know what steps to take before I create a bigger headache down the road.
Thanks.