Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Clips keep crashing FCP 7 and all others. Are they corrupt?

  • Clips keep crashing FCP 7 and all others. Are they corrupt?

    Posted by Curt Milner on November 12, 2012 at 12:14 pm

    I’ve come across a problem I’ve never encountered before. I shot some footage on a HMC 150 in Full 1080/25p and Logged & Transferred the clips as normal into FCP 7 using Apple ProRes 422 to capture. I am using a SanDisk extreme 32GB to record my footage.

    Some of these clips played fine, however, a few of them (crucial to my film) will not even play in the Viewer, let alone the timeline. When I try to play these clips, the are slow to load, they beachball, play fine to a certain point then get stuck at the same point in time in the clip. They also make awful shrill noises green lines on them. Often attempting to play a clip results in Final Cut Pro crashing. The files will also get stuck at the same point in Quicktime and MPEG Streamclip, and crashed those as well. I am confused as some of the clips I shot on the same day withing minutes of each other are fine. I suspect corrupt clips but am wondering if there is any possible solution before I have to go down the re-shoot route. The clips are even crashing all Quicktime repair programs I, have tried. HELP!

    Thanks.

    Curt Milner replied 13 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Rafael Amador

    November 12, 2012 at 1:59 pm

    Are you able to play the original clips in the camera you shot with?
    It smell a bit to corrupted media, but if the camera clips were corrupted you probably would have had on the Log&Transfer.
    First I would try to L&T again.
    rafael

    http://www.nagavideo.com

  • Rafael Amador

    November 13, 2012 at 5:31 am

    As Dave mention, spanned clips, or that you haven’t waited enough between you hit STOP and REC again in camera.
    This causes files corruption.
    rafael

    http://www.nagavideo.com

  • Curt Milner

    November 13, 2012 at 10:02 am

    Thanks Rafael, I suspect there was a problem with Log & Transfer process as well. Will look at L&T again. I have had corruption with my SD cards in the past but this has resulted in all footage being affected as opposed to individual clips.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy