Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums DaVinci Resolve Clips gone black in multicam clip in Resolve 16

• Clips gone black in multicam clip in Resolve 16

Sasha Zik updated 1 week, 3 days ago 2 Members · 6 Posts
  • Sasha Zik

September 16, 2020 at 2:55 am

Brand new to Resolve (from FCP/ Adobe Premier). I am using multi-cam clips to edit. 7 out of 9 clips went black in the synced multi-cam clip and on the time line. I can see the original clips in the bin so they are still in the project; just not showing where i need them! It was working fine before i removed some audio tracks. Could this be a cause? I tried to restart but same problem. Help????

• Michael Gissing

September 16, 2020 at 8:12 am

Did you unlink the audio from the video before deleting? If not you may have deleted the video track as well. One simple trick to avoid this is to delete audio on the Fairlight page as it ignores video linked audio files and won’t delete the video

• Sasha Zik

September 16, 2020 at 12:07 pm

Hi Michael, thank you so much for helping. That might be what happened… yes. Thanks. Is there a way to restore this, do you think? I mean, can i relink the media in the multicam clip to the original clip which is still showing in the media page…? Some of the original media is still there in the video track and in the clip, but not all… See attached screenshot. Thank you so much 🙏

• Michael Gissing

September 17, 2020 at 4:11 am

Not familiar with multicam, but you could try to duplicate your timeline (just in case it goes crazy) and try to relink. I doubt it will work but worth a try.

• Michael Gissing

September 17, 2020 at 4:12 am

Alternatives are if you autosave there might be a version before you deleted linked audio. Also I get into the habit of doing daily backups of project files so you can go back and just have to redo some cuts

• Sasha Zik

September 17, 2020 at 3:03 pm

Michael ur so kind. Thank you for the help. In the end i came to the same conclusion and did just that – went to an old version from before the sound edit (i also back up the projects daily) and just re-did the work. I think you nailed it when you said it was because i deleted linked media… and there doesn’t seem to be a way to match-frame from a multicam synced clip back to the original file, to just find and restore the synced media… Unless i am just missing a trick? Anyway, thanks again for the support. 🙏

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy