Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy clips appear totally black in VIEWER window, but 100% fine in CANVAS & timeline

• clips appear totally black in VIEWER window, but 100% fine in CANVAS & timeline

• raju bhai

April 21, 2020 at 2:14 am

hi,

I’ve been working on my project in FCP7 for several weeks now. All of a sudden today, any clip i bring into the viewer appears as totally black. However, it is totally fine in the timeline and canvas window.

As per the viewer window, I can’t get any video whether i bring up the clip from the timeline or the browser.

Has anyone run across this issue? is there a simple fix?

• David Roth Weiss

April 21, 2020 at 3:58 pm

Try deleting preferences.

David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
    David Weiss Productions
    Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy forum.

• raju bhai

April 21, 2020 at 10:02 pm

yes that worked, thank you David!

• Nick Meyers

April 23, 2020 at 1:54 am

FYI what most likely happened was that your viewer had been toggled away from “Image” mode.

Both the Viewer and the Canvas have various ways of displaying the image
    look under the third of the small drop down menus at the top of the Canvas or Viewer to see them.
    with either window selected, hitting the W key will toggle between:
    Image, Image & Wireframe, and just Wireframe.

Shift+W wil toggle the Alpha displays

Its relatively easy to hit the wrong key and have your Canvas or Viewer move to one of these display modes when you don’t intend it to.
    so next time it happens just go up to that pulldown menu and re-set it.
    of hit W a few times ☺

EDIT TO ADD:
    the W key also toggles the Canvas when you are in the Timeline

cheers,
    nick

• raju bhai

May 10, 2020 at 8:36 pm

yeah i believe you’re right. I thought of that before trashing preferences, yet i somehow missed it.
    All fine now though, thanks

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy