Its been more than 10 years since I first released the Cineon and DPX QuickTime components. Back in early 2003, I was the first one to get QuickTime to natively support a film based digital file format. The industry has dramatically changed since then. Film is now not as common, and digital cinema cameras are an every day production tool. Even as film is moving on, everyone still uses the same common DPX file format that was devised more than a decade ago.
Cineon/DPX Toolkit v4.0 has been re-written to take advantage of the latest technologies that are available today (and well into the future!)
This version will contain the following improvements:
– GPU Acceleration
– Improved Color Accuracy with QuickTime.
– “Easy to Understand” Menu Options.
– Improved 3DLUT support.
– 4K Playback support with appropriate hardware.
– Dramatically improved export speeds.
– Support for *Extremely Fast* Exporting of Alexa ProRes LogC files.
– Final Cut Pro X/Motion 4 LUT Plugin Support (Sorry, no support for FCPX playback.)
– AMA based Playback Support for Avid Media Composer 6.0 without rendering. (No Export support, however.)
Another “Feature” that is planned for this summer, is a Windows 7/Windows 8 release as well. A large part of this upgrade, is to also make it as platform independent as possible. This way, I can bring this product to Windows based Avid MC 6.x users.
Please drop a note, if you wish to take a look at the software. For those of you that made a CineonDPX purchase since Dec 1st, 2012, I will upgrade your CineonDPX v3.5 license for free. The aim is to have Cineon/DPX Toolkit v4.0 (MacOSX) finished before NAB 2013. So far, things are looking really good for a release well before then.