Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › Capturing Problem

  • Capturing Problem

    Posted by Ramarie Swart on December 31, 2007 at 7:21 am

    Hello. This is my first time on this website. I have a rather sticky problem. One of my shooters shot a project in 30P (Canon XL2) instead of 60i, by accident. My capturing deck (Prosumer-Sony GV-D1000) seems to be having a problem with the progressive footage. There are pixels dancing all over the place. I thought it was my LCD screen and it would all render out, but it wasn’t the screen. The shooter was on vacation, so I couldn’t ask him at the time what he had shot in. I went ahead and completed the edit in the hopes that upon his return, if I re-capture the footage from his camera, the time code will line up and my editing project will be saved. Is there something I must do with the software to capture in Progressive mode? Also, after I re-capture the footage, what is the best way to ensure that the time code will line up, so I don’t have to do the edit all over again.

    Thanx.
    RaMarie

    Mike Velte replied 18 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Mike Velte

    December 31, 2007 at 5:41 pm

    [RaMarie Swart] “There are pixels dancing all over the place”

    This is hopefully just a play back issue with your deck and when captured with the shooter’s camera all will be well.

    [RaMarie Swart] “something I must do with the software to capture in Progressive mode?”

    Capturing is simply data transfer.

    [RaMarie Swart] “what is the best way to ensure that the time code will line up”

    You will manually need to synchronize both camera capture files once in the sequence by using a video or audio event like a still camera flash or hand clap or some other very short event.

    You might want to read about multicam editing in the Help files.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy