Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Capture Device that works well with Vegas and Win 10

• Capture Device that works well with Vegas and Win 10

Scott Bruffey updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Posts
  • Dennis Cupp

February 26, 2021 at 6:04 pm

Hey Guys and Gals, Been many a year since i posted here.

I have about 100 or so Video 8 and Hi8 tapes that i need to import and edit.

Years ago i had some fancy Turtle Beach (?) or Pinnacle (?) box that imported fairly reliably. Since then i upgraded to Win 10 Pro 64 bit and have not done a single video import since then. That box, whatever it was….is long gone.

SO, is there a reliable device that you folks recommend? Some of the sub 100.00 USB devices i see on Amazon look cheap and people complain about windows 10 compatibility.

Suggestions?

• Scott Bruffey

March 3, 2021 at 4:56 am

Hiya. I have a Canopus ADVC-110 that I’ve used for close to twenty years and it works extremely well with Win10 and Vegas; I simply launch Vegas Capture from the File menu, hit Play on whatever device I’m sourcing from, and Vegas captures it without issue.

It wouldn’t surprise me if better devices are out there now but I haven’t looked as this thing has handled any analog source I’ve thrown at it. No driver was needed when I upgraded Win7 to 10.

• Dennis Cupp

March 3, 2021 at 2:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. I too owned one of those back in the day. Mine died and i never replaced it. It was a solid device. It died on me pre Win 10 so i never thought twice about it.

I have recently learned that my Sony Mini DV (TRV38) will allow analog pass through to the computer. I am awaiting a new firewire card to test this out. If true this will work perfectly for me….and its paid for 🙂

• Scott Bruffey

March 4, 2021 at 5:52 pm

Even better. Let us know how it all works out!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy