Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › cannot import mp4 files to vegas pro 9c ,64 bit (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC)

  • cannot import mp4 files to vegas pro 9c ,64 bit (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC)

    Posted by Ennio Annio on November 4, 2013 at 6:28 pm

    Hello forum! 🙂

    I cannot import mp4 video files with vegas pro 9c 64bit!

    I read a bunch of forums, tried to copy the qt7plug.dll file and remove the compound.dll file from the installation folder. I installed this codec “x264_2334.exe”, still not working.
    I tried to install older quick time player versions till 7.6 still displaying -unknown format- not supported. I didn’d install k-lite codec pack.

    Was any version of vegas giving no mp4 import issues at all? If yes…i’m going for the simplest solution and get that vegas pro version (even if is the 7 pro would be ok).
    My cpu is amd E450, integrated gpu HD6320. So maybe upgrading to vegas 12 pro is a bad idea 🙁

    I m running vegas pro 9c 64bit on win7 64bit. I have quick time player in 7.6.0 version.

    I shot around 100gb of videos with a canon sx280hs in 1920×1080 29.60fps (big files 3gb each), so I want to avoid at any cost having to do any conversion on all of them.

    gspot.exe tell me about my mp4 video files: avc1, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC,Codec Status Undetermined.

    So I really don’t know how to install the right codecs, where I found them and where I put them..plese help I freaking out I am not at all expert in the field..

    Thanks a lot in advance!!

    ENnio

    Steve Rhoden replied 12 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Mike Kujbida

    November 4, 2013 at 6:52 pm

    First of all, the last release of Pro 9 was 9.0e so I strongly suggest that you upgrade to it for all the bug fixes (and there were a lot in d and e).
    Secondly, that version of QuickTime is a bit too old. I’m using 7.7.1 on my work and home machine and have no problems reading mp4 files.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 4, 2013 at 6:57 pm
  • Steve Rhoden

    November 4, 2013 at 8:37 pm

    As Mike said, i also highly recommend you update your version
    of Vegas to 9.0e, and im sure you will be ok then.

    Steve Rhoden
    (Cow Leader)
    Film Editor & Compositor.
    Filmex Creative Media.
    https://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
    1-876-461-9019

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy